Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back On The Grind

The past couple days I have been playing 5/10 on stars and 3/6 and 5/10 on party. I made some cashouts recently so I can hopefully begin investing some money off the poker table. After about a month of playing 10/20 and higher limits, I did pretty good, but the downswings were too hard for me to handle mentally. It effected my game too much to the point I wasn't playing my best. I realized, for right now, its most profitable to play lower limits like 5/10nl, because that is my best game and I can easily stand losing $2-3k pots without it effecting me.

Hanging out in Vegas with some of the best online cash game players in the world might not have been the best thing for me. There is so much competition in the higher stakes, its hard to make it profitable, and more importantly fun. I stepped up in limits and played bigger games because I wanted to be on their level, but these guys have more experience/skill than I do, and they can handle playing 25/50+. I can't yet. But I can definately handle 5/10, so that is where I will be for now. One of the guys there, check_kills, is a 3/6 regular. He keeps a very level head, and in my opinion, will be one of the most successful players out of everyone. Why? Its because he knows his best game, and that's all he plays. He beats 3/6nl like its his job, has good game selection, knows when to play and when not to play, and is very focused. I would rather play how he does, than any of the high rollers online, because this is my job. If I was already a millionaire and didn't need the money, sure, I would play the highest stakes. But as an 18 year old, who isn't currently in school, and doesn't have a job, I need to be very safe and find a game that is steady income.

The 100k challenge I did was great because he kept me going and helped me make the most amount of money I could. I am definately going to do that again! Moving day is in 6 days, so I really don't want to get the challenge started until I am all settled, Here is a picture of the house we are moving in to... Its 5 bdrm, 3 bath, 2 story, fireplace (in Tucson!?!), and I think its perfect...


1 comment:

Jordan Lows said...

WHAT are ur cross streets cuz i am at alvernon and speedway like 1 min from bunny ranch